This is a spectacular house in need of some TLC. Now being sold âAs Is,â this well built home sits on 2.8 acres in a prime location. The âTransitionalâ architecture has wonderful details. The curved ceilings in the kitchen are mirrored by the cut marble floor and double curved archway to the dining room. There are crown moldings and extraordinary mill work throughout the entire house and the front hallway has an intricate marble and wood inlay. Multiple skylights and atrium windows bring sunshine and moonlight to unexpected places. The upstairs master bedroom suite has two private baths and separate closets, as well as a private deck. There is also a large second upstairs bedroom and full bath. The downstairs living space includes a separate living area, two more bedrooms, two baths and a large laundry/storage room. The solarium connecting the living quarters to the front living room, kitchen and den is stunning. Elegant brass hinges, door handles and fabricated stair rails. This section of Parkerville Road south of West Chester is very private and winds from just below the Pocopson Circle off Route 52 to Route 926 along the way to Longwood Gardens. Easy commute to Kennett Square, West Chester, Wilmington and even Philadelphia. Located in the award-winning Unionville-Chadds Ford School District. Available Inspection Reports: Stucco by EnvironSpec, Home by Preferred Home Inspections, and septic by Greenwick Associates. This property is a good value for the discerning buyer.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, 2 Story, Transitional
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Oil Hot W
4,259 sq. ft
Yes -2 spaces
Electric service available, Cable TV
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room
- Dining Area, Formal
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Double Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Tile, Marble, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric
- Oil, Hot Water. Radiant, Forced Air.
- Bay Window(s), Casement
- 1. Wood-burning.
- Main Level Entry, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Laundry Chute, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Carport Spaces. Circular Driveway, Paved Driveway.
- Stucco, Brick
- Deck, Patio, Porch
- Metal, Shake
- Lot View
- Sloped, Irregular
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Out Building. Irregular, Partly Wooded, Stream/Creek, Sloping.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price